2012-2013 Back to School Virtual Packet
This page contains all of the necessary forms and important information students and families will need for the start of the school year.
As we prepare to begin another exciting school year, we are pleased to welcome back all students and staff members who are returning and extend a very warm welcome to all new members of the TJ community. We hope you are having a relaxing summer made even more interesting with the school-wide reading assignment of This I Believe. If you do not have a copy of this book, you can find it in local book stores or check online for a used copy of the text.
Information about bus routes and FCPS transportation will be mailed home as soon they are made available to the school by the FCPS Transportation Office. Students from outside FCPS who have transportation concerns and questions should contact their local jurisdiction’s transportation offices for specific information about how bus routes will be assigned for the coming school year.
Information about how to request a schedule change will be included when we email schedules on August 24, 2012. The Student Services staff will return on contract August 20th and will be available to respond to phone calls and emails at that time. Counselors will also be available August 29th from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM for schedule changes as well.
FORMS WILL BE COLLECTED WEDNESDAY SEPTEMBER 5TH VIA HOMEROOM (8th period) CLASSES
Forms to be completed and submitted by ALL students:
- Residency Verification Form (required annually)
- Emergency Care Information for Students (FCPS Form SS/SE-3)
- Health Information Form (FCPS Form SE-71)
- Extracurricular Participation Policy
- Intranet Posting Agreement
- Student Rights & Responsibilities
Forms to be completed and submitted only if applicable:
- Student Information Update (FCPS Form IS-22)
- Please complete and submit the form only if there is a change to your existing contact information.
- Juniors ONLY – PSAT/NMSQT Registration/Payment Form
- Submit this form and check payable to TJHSST for $17 to Mr. Wong, Testing, Office A8. Deadline is October 5. If you have further questions on the PSAT which will be held on October 17, please email him at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Opt Out Information
- FCPS Opt Out Forms Bundle
- This bundle of forms affords parents the ability to opt their student out of any or all of the following activities. Release of information about the student for the school yearbook and other school-related publications, release of directory information to persons and organizations outside FCPS, release of information to military recruiters, release of information for commercial purposes, etc.
- If applicable, please complete and return these forms to the school no later than September 14, 2012 as we will be providing directory information to the PTSA on September 17, 2012.
- FCPS Family Life Education Opt Out Forms
- The Family Life Education (FLE) curriculum and materials are available for review in the TJHSST Library and there will be instructors available at Back to School Night to field any questions that parents may have. Parents are also welcome to contact their child’s Biology or Health & PE instructors with specific questions about the FLE curriculum if there are any specific concerns.
- FCPS Opt Out Forms Bundle
Additional Information (primarily for families new to TJHSST):
- Free & Reduced Programs Eligibility Information and Forms
- FCPS & TJHSST Keep In Touch Enrollment Information
- FCPS & TJHSST Parent 24/7 Enrollment Information
- Account validation can be done at Back to School Night and by appointment with your child’s School Counselor.
- TJHSST PTSA Membership Form
- TJHSST PTSA Directory Information
- TJHSST PTSA Back to School Packet
- Scoliosis Information & Fact Sheet
- Health Room Reminders