Management and employees will respect the rights and feelings of others at all times. Management and employees may not take any action that will result in physical, emotional or administrative pain to another.
Employees will think for themselves and look for their own answers at all times.
Employees and management will have fun.
"There is no scientific evidence to support the fact that life is serious."
All employees will secure a 1 inch loose-leaf binder. (NOTE: D-ring style will hold more material and will reduce damage to papers.)
PLAN TO KEEP THIS BINDER FOR MANY YEARS. MATERIALS PROVIDED WILL
BE USEFUL FOR FUTURE REFERENCE.
Notebook divider set.
An adequate supply of notebook paper.
An open, inquisitive mind.
Self-confidence to try new things and take risks.
"I may not be perfect, but I can be excellent."
"NO GUTS, NO GLORY!"
All submittals to management shall be made typed, unless otherwise specified.
- Paper size-8.5 x 11 inches.
- Margins-One inch on all sides.
- Type-12 point Times Roman or 10-pitch Courier (or equivalent). Double-spaced.
Top right corner of page.
- Period Number.
First page, below heading, centered.
All pages beyond the first shall be numbered at the same place on every page.
Multiple page submittals will be stapled together in the upper left corner before coming to class.
1. Unless otherwise specified, submittals will be turned in before class on the date due.
2. Submittals are due on the assigned day. If an employee is in school on the day an assignment is due, the assignment is to be submitted. If the employee leaves early, arrives late or otherwise legally misses class, the employee is still responsible to submit the assignment. If the employee cannot find the manager, the assignment should be put in the manager's mail box in the main office.
3. Special arrangements may be made a minimum of 24 hours before deadlines. Deadline extensions may be made for:
- Family emergency.
- Personal conflicts.
4. Deadline extensions are not guaranteed, but are subject to management approval based on project critical path, overall group workload and prior employee performance.
5. Submittals with spelling and other typographical errors will not be accepted, but will be
returned to the employee. (See item V. below.)
Men - Sport coat, dress shirts and ties, dress pants, no blue jeans, no athletic shoes.
Women - Skirts or dresses, conservative image.
All - Neat, well groomed, hair out of face.
Talk to the audience. When working with visuals:
Point to the object or place on the chart, etc.
Return your attention to the audience.
Do not cross your body to point.
DO NOT USE words such as "ah," "um," "like," "you know," "basically."
Set up and test audiovisual equipment beforehand, know how it works.
Prepare your presentation ahead and practice it.
Practice in front of a mirror.
Grab their attention.
Tell them what you have to tell.
Sell it. Let them know why they need to know it.
All employees are paid on a "salary plus bonus" basis.
Salary is paid every nine weeks in the form of the recorded grade.
Salary for all new hires is B+, based on satisfactory performance of assigned tasks. (See below.)
A bonus of A may be earned.
For demonstration of effort and understanding above and beyond regular requirements.
Assumption of risk, which includes, but is not limited to, creativity outside mainstream thought or attempting to push accepted limits, is viewed favorably when awarding bonuses. Success is not required to be awarded a bonus. Failure that is understood is a valuable learning experience and not a sign of weakness. Unsuccessful risk-taking that is explained will count toward earning the bonus.
Salary reduction is also possible due to non-performance and Leave-Without-Pay (LWOP) occurrences. LWOP is charged for:
- Each day late for unexcused missed deadline.
- Working on non-work related topics on work time.
- Not working during working hours.
- Not meeting presentation dress requirements. (2 LWOPs charged)
- Submitted work that is not up to Leaflet Engineering professional standards and does not show application of principles developed during training.
Leaflet Engineering management believes in the motto, Do it right the first time! Therefore, any submittal that does not meet objective expectations (including, but not limited to format, correct spelling, correct grammar, adequate proofreading, complete content) will be returned to the employee to be reworked and resubmitted. For each return of a submittal, the employee will be charged 1 LWOP. Note: Evaluation of a submittal will cease when the first error is found. There may be more unmarked errors in the submittal. If a submittal is returned, don't quit when you correct the one marked error, there may be more which will cause the submittal to be returned again. Subjective submittals will not be returned unless the submittal shows insufficient effort or significant lack of understanding of the assignment.
- Employees will be notified immediately when LWOP is charged.
- The first LWOP occurrence is waived during each pay period. (Waivers are not cumulative.)
- Salary is reduced by one increment for each additional 2 LWOP occurrences.